How can TMF assist Northwest Texas Annual Conference congregations?
As the new year begins, TMF (formerly Texas Methodist Foundation) is here to assist the churches of the Northwest Texas Annual Conference to achieve their “God-appointed Mission.” As your area representative, I hope you will feel free to contact me if you would like more information on how TMF can be a conversation and resource partner. TMF offers the following resources and conversations:
- Putting Your House in Order – an hour to an hour-and-a-half workshop to help guide you through important end-of-life and legacy decisions
- Creating a Culture of Generosity – a guided discussion to help churches understand and connect with their “reason for giving”
- Year-Round Stewardship Planning – assists churches in learning how to create a culture of generosity by developing a year-round plan for stewardship of Prayers, Presence, Gifts, Service and Witness
- Miracle Sunday – a conversation to help churches with a capital or budget campaign
- Holy Excavation – a three-to-six-hour workshop to assist churches in unearthing their hopes and dreams for God’s world
- Holy Conversations – an in-depth, 6-month process created to help churches discover their “God-appointed Mission”
- Setting Up a Church Endowment – an endowment is an effective vehicle enabling members to leave a legacy gift to the church they love. We can assist churches in setting up endowments.
- Family Philanthropy and Gift Planning – endowments and other charitable giving vehicles offer effective means for enabling individuals and families to leave a legacy gift to the church or not-for-profit they love. TMF can partner with the members of your congregation to implement an appropriate philanthropic plan.
- Investments – fixed-rate impact investments for churches, other nonprofits and individuals; equity and bond fund investments for churches and other nonprofits
- Loans – expert loan counsel and competitive rates enable churches to sustainably grow and expand ministries
- Grants – grants to strong nonprofits working for systemic change in their communities
Though the COVID-19 pandemic prevents us from meeting in person, we are able to offer our services and support through Zoom. We hope the pandemic restrictions will be eased soon, so we can return to in-person meetings.
Please contact me for more information about these offerings. I can assist you or put you in touch with the appropriate TMF contact.
Learn more about TMF here.